If you are looking to improve your English language speaking, writing, and listening skills then this is the course for you.
Course start date: Feb 07, 2022, June 05, 2022, October 03, 2022
Application deadline: At least eight (8) weeks before the course start date
Duration: 2 months (intensive), 4 months (Relaxed)
Mode of teaching: Face to face
This course is aimed at learners who wishes to polish their English language writing, listening and reading skills. After the completion of this course, you should be able to attempt IELTS for a score of 6.5 and above.
The English Language program offered by KTA at Smart and Scientific Solutions is unique in many ways, for example:
The method of our teaching is unique to everyone and will involve training and interaction with Native speakers of English language.
It is a class room-based learning program which is intensive and will require full commitment.
There will be no more than 10 students in each class.
A mentor will be assigned to each student for the duration of the course.
Free booster session will be offered to students if recommended by their mentor.
Optional trips to various places in Scotland and England will be organized to keep the students motivated and improve their social interaction skill.
Syllabus and Topics covered:
- Getting ready to listen
- Following a conversation
- Recognizing paraphrase
- Places and directions
- Listening for actions and processes
- Attitude and opinion
- Following a lecture or talk
- Contrasting ideas
- Reading strategies
- Descriptive passages
- Understanding the main ideas
- Locating and matching
- Discursive passages
- Multiple – choice questions
- Opinions and attitudes
- General Training Reading
- Academic writing Task 1 – Describing a chart, table or graph
- Academic writing Task 1 – Comparing and contrasting graphs and tables
- Academic writing Task 1 – Describing diagrams
- Academic writing Task 1 – Describing maps
- General Training writing task 1 – A letter
- Writing task 2 – Getting ready to write
- Writing task 2 – Expressing your ideas clearly
- Writing task 2 – Checking and correcting
- The speaking test – part 1
- Part 2 – Giving a talk
- Part 3 – Talking about abstract topics
- Checking, correcting and assessing
This course is offered in two modes:
Intensive 2 months program and Relaxed 4 months program
For the intensive 2 months program the total tuition fees is £2300 and for the relaxed 4 months program the total tuition fees is £3000. The amounts do not include accommodation or travel expenses.
There are a limited number of scholarships available for deserving students. You will receive a discount of 10% if the early payment date is met